By
In Blog

What exactly is an infographic? It’s essentially “a visualisation of data or ideas that tries to convey complex information to an audience in a manner that can be quickly consumed and easily understood”. Basically, it’s all that info goodness, wrapped in a bite-size visual package.

“Well why are infographics so effective?” you may ask. Well, it’s basically a result of the way in which the human brain functions. The brain filters out 99% of all sensory information, almost immediately. That leaves only 1% of information that is actually retained by the brain – infographics are part of this 1%.

They’re part of the 1% because:

–    90% of info transmitted to the brain is visual, which is convenient for the 65% of the population that happen to be visual learners.

–     Visuals are actually processed 60, 000 times faster in the brain than text, so chances are if you’re passing along information in an infographic, people are more likely to see and understand it.

It appears that businesses are catching on to these biological facts, because businesses have begun to make great use of infographics. The proof is in the pudding, and with the use of these visual tid-bits, the traffic for ecommerce websites that do use inforgraphics has grown 12% more than the businesses that have not made use of them.

But it’s also key to keep it interesting. If you’re going to go the route of joining in on this amazing phenomenon that is the infographic, make sure that you provide unusual or new information. The new and interesting content is what gets noticed and keeps them coming back for more!

To see just how effective infographics really are, take a gander at the one below!

 

Comments

comments

Recent Posts