How to run IE6, IE7 and IE8 on the same PC
If you are a web designer who is perfecting his craft than you must have come across of a cross browser compatibility issue not even once in last couple of years. It’s no wonder that with so many different browsers the website you work on can look differently on Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8. Unfortunately Windows does not allow all IE’s running side-by-side on the same machine simultaneously. But wait to smack your head against a brick wall because there is Virtual PC.
Virtual PC is a program that can emulate windows within windows, saying that it can simulate 3 windows within windows, isn’t that awesome? Thus gives you the option to have 3 main Microsoft’s browsers on your PC, without having to run a test on 3 different machines.
How do you get Virtual PC on your computer?
The process is easy:
- Download virtual PC from Microsoft website.
- Download IE6-XP-SP3.exe, IE7-XP-SP3.exe and IE8-XP-SP3.exe
- Install Virtual PC on your computer
- Install first Pack – IE6-XP-SP3.exe
- Start Virtual PC program and click “New…” button, walk through the “New Virtual Machine Wizard” to the Finish and don’t forget to point your Virtual Hard Drive Location to the location of file that you got by installing IE6-XP-SP3.exe
- Repeat point 5 for remaining 2 files.
Sign up for our newsletter and start receiving tips and advices,
industry updates and valuable offers from Quicken Websites.
Recent Blog Updates
- 17 Dec. | Not sure how to make your landing page perfect? Here are a few tips that will get you set on the right track!
- 11 Dec. | Infographics have seen an increase of 800% in search volumes over the last two years. Read on to see why they really work when it comes to marketing YOUR business.
- 3 Dec. | The holidays are fast approaching and 52% of shoppers are buying their gifts online! If you’re an online store owner, here is how you can capitalize on sales around this time of year
- 26 Nov. | Need to organize your life? 8 Ways to make your life easier with Google Calendar!
- 1 Nov. | 29 Ways to Collect Email Addresses for Your Business
- 27 Sep. | How to change DNS (Nameservers) in GoDaddy
- 20 Sep. | 12 Simple Ways to Promote Your Small Business Online
- 5 Mar. | How to Use Videos to Help Promote Your Website
- 26 Feb. | Simplicity Sells
- 19 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Sell Better by Being Specific
- 19 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Psychology of Selling
- 15 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Interest People in Your Product or Service with Laser-Sharp Headlines
- 11 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Offer Service not Prices
- 20 Jan. | 18 Common Work E-mail Mistakes
- 11 Nov. | 12 iPhone applications that help you run your small business.