How to Use Videos to Help Promote Your Website
Effective marketing is essential for helping an online business grow and gain a significant share of their market through the number of visitors to the website. This is especially true for new businesses, where the barriers to entry for others to set up and sell similar goods and services, are normally low.
As marketing budgets get squeezed during the global financial downturn, many entrepreneurs have to be increasingly inventive in their marketing efforts to stay ahead of the competition. This is where web video comes in.
Thousands of hours of content is uploaded to popular to video sharing websites, with millions of people from all parts of the world viewing, commenting on and sharing links with their family.
The nature of how video is exchanged and recommended means that small companies can compete on equal terms with larger, better funded businesses for the web’s huge market of customers.
Getting started with web video is fairly straightforward. You don’t have to be an experienced videographer, you don’t have to own a camcorder or even own any content. You can quickly and easily set up a website (using online website building software) and embed videos from sites like Youtube and Myspace to enhance the written content on your website.
If you fancy yourself as a director/producer, you’ll need a concept, a script, a camcorder, microphone and lights. However professionally directed video will always stand out in the crowd, today most of website designing companies in Toronto have all the equipment needed for producing high quality videos.
With the increasing popularity of portable media players like the iPod and smartphones like the PalmPre, BlackBerry and iPhone, people can access video on the move. When filming a video to promote a website, website owners should consider the size of their screens and avoid any wacky film techniques. Time-strapped consumers need to watch your video and need it fast!
If you’re concerned that your web video production is not of ‘professional’ quality, remember, the success of sites like Youtube has proved that tens of millions of people appreciate good content over style. If the video is funny or thought-provoking, viewers will not just watch the video, but also recommend it to their social media networks..
After you’ve finished editing your video, you can upload it to one of many video sharing sites to be shown to the world. Videos are now being listed as standard with websites in search engine results, so tags and keywords describing the content will help bring your video to people’s attention and drive traffic to your website. With regular video updates, you’ll find that your profile and visitor numbers will grow rapidly.
Recent Blog Updates
- 7 Feb. | Cats That Look Like Pin Up Girls
- 18 Oct. | 10 Reasons Why You’re Losing Your Facebook Fans
- 28 Aug. | CMS vs. non-CMS websites: Finding your perfect match
- 17 Dec. | Not sure how to make your landing page perfect? Here are a few tips that will get you set on the right track!
- 11 Dec. | Infographics have seen an increase of 800% in search volumes over the last two years. Read on to see why they really work when it comes to marketing YOUR business.
- 3 Dec. | The holidays are fast approaching and 52% of shoppers are buying their gifts online! If you’re an online store owner, here is how you can capitalize on sales around this time of year
- 26 Nov. | Need to organize your life? 8 Ways to make your life easier with Google Calendar!
- 1 Nov. | 29 Ways to Collect Email Addresses for Your Business
- 27 Sep. | How to change DNS (Nameservers) in GoDaddy
- 20 Sep. | 12 Simple Ways to Promote Your Small Business Online
- 5 Mar. | How to Use Videos to Help Promote Your Website
- 26 Feb. | Simplicity Sells
- 19 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Sell Better by Being Specific
- 19 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Psychology of Selling
- 15 Feb. | “Advertising 101 for Business Owner” Interest People in Your Product or Service with Laser-Sharp Headlines