Its that time of year again! The crunch to buy gifts is here, and 52% of shoppers are doing it online. Starting with Black Friday and ending with the New Year, people are racing to their computers to get the things that they need, right from the comfort of their own homes. If you’re the owner of an online store, you would be daft not to capitalize on this HUGE opportunity. Not sure how to do it? We’ll be your holiday heroes!
- Planning in advance could really save your butt! Start the upcoming holiday messaging earlier than November, when the actual sales start – this way people will be ready and prepped, and visiting your store first, because they’ll already know you’re on the ball.
- Specials, Specials, hear all about it! Holiday savings have always been, and lets face it, will always be a very big part of holiday shopping online. Sometimes it doesn’t even have to be a discounted price on your merchandise – something as simple as Free Shipping is a fantastic motivator for potential customers to choose your online store over the next one.
Most importantly, never forget that being an online store means that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a crucial time to offer any deals, as people will definitely be looking for them on these two days.
- Free Advertising. There’s nothing we love better than free advertising, and social media is definitely the place to do it. Using social media to promote holiday specials is a fantastic way to get the word out there and attract that extra attention your store could profit from during the holiday season.
- Offer Extras! The holidays are all about giving, so why not promote the message and increase your sales at the same time. Sometimes a free gift is the perfect incentive for customers to purchasing that extra item. Even offering free gift-wrapping if they’re purchasing gifts for someone else is a great cherry to top their shopping experience off with, and keep them coming back for more.
- Cell it up! Studies show that mobile shopping is on a steep rise up in popularity. In fact, 57% of app users in the States have said that they would use their mobile device to purchase their holiday online shopping. Another study has shown that 47% of US Smartphone users access shopping apps an average of 17 times ever month! It might be a very wise decision to invest in a website that has a responsive shop design compatible with mobile devices.
For more details, and 5 more great tips on how to increase your holiday online sales, see the infographic below!